The website address is: http://www.victoriamilne.com
I am a registered sole trader, operating as Victoria Milne Professional Editing. I offer structural editing, line editing, proofreading, synopsis writing, and blurb writing to authors worldwide.
This policy describes how I protect and make use of the information you give me.
Why do I collect information from you?
When you contact me, I collect minimal information for the following purposes:
- To allow me to respond to your enquiry (e.g. email address and information about your project)
- To enable me to contact you while a project is ongoing
- To enable certain functions on my website
- To better understand how visitors use my website
- For internal accounting purposes (e.g. so I can invoice you)
What information do I collect from you?
I request and use the following minimal information when you contact me:
- Email address for me to respond to you
- Information relevant to your enquiry (e.g. the service you are interested in, rough word count, preferred dates for booking, whether you would like a free edit on up to 500 words)
If you decide to use my services, I collect the following additional information:
- File(s) required for carrying out the work
- Your digital signature using Adobe Sign
How do I use your data?
- To contact you in response to your enquiry and while a project is ongoing
- For internal accounting so I am compliant with HMRC should they request an audit
- To record your agreement to the terms and conditions for my services
- To understand how visitors to my website use it using Google Analytics
How do I collect and store your data?
The minimal information I collect is stored in the following ways:
- Computer hard disk. Files that you send to me or that are created for the purposes of your project are stored on my password-protected computer’s hard disk
How long do I keep your data?
- HMRC legal requirements state that records must be kept at least five years after the 31 January submission deadline of the relevant tax year
- Because I often end up working with clients more than once, I keep all files for at least five years unless agreed otherwise in writing (e.g. clients who have signed and agreed to terms and conditions v1.1 to v1.4)
- Emails are usually kept for at least five years
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites please visit here.
Who is your data shared with?
How do you contact me?
If you have any questions or would like to request for your data to be modified or deleted, please email me at email@example.com.